Family time is hard; you have 25 people (two of whom get along) all around one small table. I must have a few drinks just thinking about this scenario.
For the holidays this week maybe bring some Everclear and whip up some fabulous cocktails. This is grain alcohol (super potent) bottled at 150 and 190 proof. This is some serious stuff here. Consider mixing up some great recipes like the two below and you have yourself set for the upcoming and sure to happen family drama. Mix/Set/Chill/Serve and you are prepped to deck the halls.
POMEGRANATE GREEN TEA LIQUEUR
8 Pomegranate green tea bags
6 oz. Everclear
7 oz. Filtered water
13 oz. Simple Syrup
1. Combine tea bags, Everclearï¿½ and water in a sealable container.
2. Steep 2 hours.
3. Remove tea bags and add simple syrup. Mix thoroughly.
4. Bottle and enjoy.
HOLIDAY ROAD PUNCH
15 oz.ï¿½Pomegranate Green Tea Liqueur
5 oz. Vodka
5 oz. White rum
10 oz. Lime juice
10 oz. Champagne
1. Combine all ingredients except champagne in a pitcher or punch bowl.
2. Mix and chill in refrigerator 8 hours or more (overnight works best).
3. Just before serving, add chilled champagne and stir carefully.
4.Add ice, along with 10 lime wheels.
5. Serve in punch glasses, ice optional.
6. Garnish with lime wheel (also optional).