Well, folks, it’s time to dust off those gavels and put on your most ridiculous wigs, because Night Court is back in session. And let me tell you, it’s been a wild ride since the last time we all gathered in this courtroom. I mean, I’m pretty sure Harry Stone is still up there somewhere, judging us all with that twinkle in his eye. But now, we’ve got a new judge in town. And I’ll be honest, I was skeptical at first. I mean, could anyone really fill Harry’s shoes? But let me tell you, this new judge is something else. And it’s not just because she’s Harry’s daughter. No, it’s because she’s got that same spark, that same sense of humor, and that same ability to make a courtroom full of strangers feel like a family.
So, what can we expect from this new Night Court? Well, let me tell you, it’s not a reboot. It’s a continuation. We’re picking up right where we left off, with the same wacky cases and the same eccentric staff. But this time, we’ve got a new perspective. We’ve got Abby Stone, and she’s bringing her own brand of justice to the night shift. And let me tell you, it’s a hoot.
I mean, I don’t want to give too much away, but I will say this: we’ve got a case involving a talking parrot, a guy who thinks he’s a vampire, and a lady who’s convinced she’s been abducted by aliens. And that’s just in the first episode. I tell you, this Night Court is not for the faint of heart. But if you’re looking for a good laugh, a little bit of nostalgia, and a whole lot of heart, then this is the show for you. So, come on down to the Manhattan municipal court, and let’s get this show on the road.
Overall Fan Reactions
The overall reactions to the premiere of NBC’s Night Court revival have been mixed. Some viewers have praised the show for its nostalgia and for successfully capturing the tone of the original series, while others have criticized it for not having enough callbacks to the previous characters and for not being as strong as the original series.
Many viewers have praised the show for its nostalgia and for successfully capturing the tone of the original series.
- @GrimmPixels said, “The new #NightCourt has the tone right and the rebuilt sets are just perfect. (I particularly like that the cafeteria looks more modern but is still clearly the same room.)”
- @WriterJCYoung also said, “@MelissaRauch @nbc @peacock Episode 2 definitely captured some of the feel of the original. You guys have got a good foundation, and as someone who loved #NightCourt, I’m hoping you guys continue to build on that.”
- @bleedingcool also said, “Led by #MelissaRauch, #JohnLarroquette & an impressive ensemble cast, #NBC’s #NightCourt revival stands on its own while honoring the past. #Review / @NBC @MelissaRauch @johnlarroquette”
- @weatherfairyUS said, “#NightCourt is undoubtedly standing out on Twitter.”
- @just_Lacretta said, “I really should be sleeping, but I’m too excited! Last night was bananas. Thank you to everyone who tuned in and told folks about @nbc #NightCourt 💖 Special thanks to @Copacaxi & The Collective, and to Jacey, Lee, Andy & Junebug for watch parties!! #nevergiveup #livingthedream https://t.co/mpY1VxqPwB“
Some viewers have criticized the show for not having enough callbacks to the previous characters and for not being as strong as the original series.
- @ChaoticSoul5 said, “People are complaining about the lack of callbacks to all the previous characters but then the new #NightCourt wants to be its own thing and it has only been two half hour episodes.”
- @Chale333 also said, “The #NightCourt reboot is OK. It’s pure nostalgia and if you didn’t watch the original show, a lot of jokes are lost.”
- @mzcaramelbunni said, “First episode was meh. Hopefully the 2nd episode is better #NightCourt”