- “Only use a soft bristle toothbrush: While it’s important to remove the plaque that adheres to your tooth structure and gumline, you don’t want to scratch your enamel in the process.
- Start young: even before your child has teeth, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) recommends brushing your child’s soft tissues (gums and tongue) gently with a soft bristle toothbrush or a clean, moist washcloth once to twice a day.
- It’s recommended that until the age of 7-8 years old, the parent participate in the child’s brushing until the fine motor skills needed to do a good job brushing are developed. Even when a child is old enough to do a good job, it doesn’t mean they will! Hence, even with an older child, it’s important to be aware of how they’re doing with their oral hygiene.
- We always worry about kids getting sick-especially during flu season. One way Steripod helps is by decreasing cross contamination amongst family members who also use an individual tube of toothpaste.
- You can’t have a clean mouth with a dirty tongue – it’s a breeding ground for bacteria. I love Steripod’s new Tongue Cleaners – especially for the kids that I see. It’s nice and narrow and something they can easily hold and use to really get back there with no gag reflex. Daily use of a Steripod Tongue Cleaner helps get rid of the contaminants that cause bad breath.”
To celebrate #NCDHM, shoppers will receive 15 percent off Steripod Toothbrush Protectors and Tongue Cleaners. Valid now through March 1, 2018, special offer discounts will be automatically applied when clicking this link.
Prizing: Win a Family Smile Survival Kit courtesy of GetSteripod.com consisting of a year supply of Steripod toothbrush protectors, Tongue Cleaners, natural bamboo toothbrushes and holographic toiletry bags for a family of four (a value of $100)
End Date: 5/31/2018