Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella has debuted on Disney Plus and I couldn’t be any more excited! It’s one of my favorite live action musicals and I love it for so many reasons.
1) I love the story of Cinderella and frankly when my three year old has the original animated feature on repeat it’s a great way to break up the monotony.
2) Brandy really has a breakthrough performance. I feel like this is one of those moments that put her on a different level. By the way, did you know this was the first African American Cinderella, like ever?
3) They have original songs like: “Impossible,” “In My Own Little Corner,” “Ten Minutes Ago,” “A Lovely Night,” “Do I Love You Because You’re Beautiful?”. This is especially beneficial if you’re finding that you’re sick of songs on the original not that they’re not good, but because you’re a mom with a kid and the movie on repeat.
4) It’s Black History month and this was groundbreaking in 1987 to show an African American cast to this degree.
5) Whitney is simply incredible. It’s the peak of her quality and career and she’s simply magnificent to watch.
This is definitely something to tune into tonight as it just debuted on Disney Plus at midnight. But tell me, why do you like the film?
Photo Courtesy of Disney
Maria Spanadoris an experienced online writer with a passion for general entertainment stories. As a Greek mom, Maria brings her unique perspective to her writing, infusing her work with warmth and humor. She has been writing online for over 20 years, starting her career at thecelebritycafe.com. Since then, Maria has honed her skills as a writer, developing a talent for crafting engaging and informative content that keeps her readers coming back for more. Whether she's covering the latest celebrity gossip or writing about her own experiences as a mom, Maria's writing is always relatable and engaging.