I am a DIY international award-winning solo music artist, #1 iTunes UK Charting singer-songwriter, #1 iTunes South Africa Charting Folk & Country artist, proud nerd, multi-instrumentalist, book author, comic book nut, radio show host, poet, and part-time spy. Sometimes I feel like an alien who landed here to infect the human race and spread the disease of music. Of course, we aliens get hungry from time to time, so I’ve managed to find some of the best places to satisfy my out-of-this-world appetite in the Windy City.
1) Wildfire – A very cool place and even has outdoor seating that is nice when the weather permits. I love their cookie pizza and caramel sauce.
2) Portillos – a classic Chicago trade. I love, love, love the beef and cheddar croissant and cheese fries.
3) Maria’s – I’ve tried a lot of different Mexican places but this one is honestly the best. They’re not priced crazy, kind of mid-range but their burritos, quest-funded Chihuahua, piña coladas and fried ice cream is the best.
4) L Woods – It’s always hard to choose between the baby back ribs and the beef ribs so usually I get both, and take a bunch of leftovers home. When the french fries are fresh and done right, they’re the best!
5) Grand Lux Café – Rarely do I find a place where I love almost everything they make that this is it. Their chocolate soufflé is amazing as are the beignets!
6) Michael Jordan’s steak House – only been here a few times but when I go their steak is phenomenal. Love the ambiance of the downtown location and of course who doesn’t love Michigan Avenue?
7) Gibsons Italia – I love Gibsons in Rosemont and their steaks are probably the best steaks I’ve had but this version of it is a little more upscale and their view is great. Pricey but worth it, at least once in a while for a special occasion.
8. Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria – I’ve eaten pizza almost everywhere in Chicago and this is still my favorite pizza.
9) Quartino – Named like this because their wines are like a quarter but I see the food was great and I love sitting outside.
10) Hooters Wings – Best wings with all the toppings especially their rubs and their medium or hot sauce bud eat a lot of calories when I got here.