The start of a new year is the perfect time to take a step back and evaluate your organizational habits. For many of us, the holiday season can be a chaotic time. It can certainly leave our homes feeling cluttered and disorganized. But don’t worry. With a little bit of effort and some helpful organizing tips, you can get your home back in order and start the new year off on the right foot.
One of the best ways to get organized is to focus on the items and areas that cause the most stress and disorganization in your home. Jane’s Addiction Organization, a professional organizing company, shares some of their top tips for getting your home in order in 2023.
Jane’s Addiction Organization Home Organizing Tips
- Kids’ art supplies can be a major source of clutter in any home. To keep things under control, make sure to go through and remove all old paints, markers, and broken crayons. Invest in art spinners and art carts, which are super easy for kids to use and will contain all supplies in one convenient location.
- Reusable water bottles are a great way to stay hydrated but can easily become a source of clutter. Go through and purge any yucky chewed straws. Invest in a wine rack system for storage on your counter or designate a deep drawer for kids to be able to easily reach.
- The pantry is another area that can quickly become disorganized. Pantry placement is key so kids can reach it and parents can easily restock. Invest in deep-drawer pantry bins, which can be found at the Container Store. These bins will allow you to categorize snacks so you can see inventory and know what needs to be refilled.
- Expandable file folders are an excellent way to keep important paperwork in order. Create an expandable file folder accordion style for each person in your household. The file can store personal documents, school reports, vaccinations, medical records, or any other important paperwork.
- A turntable spinner is an excellent way to organize anything. These can be used for medication, vitamins, spices, and oils in the kitchen or pantry. They come in many different materials-plastic, metal, or wood.
- An acrylic clutch holder is an organizer that easily holds clutches and bags to create a sleek and clean look in any closet.
By following these tips and implementing them in your home, you’ll be able to start the new year off with a clean and organized home. For even more tips, be sure to follow Jane’s Addiction Organization on Instagram.