We are no longer buying things for life. It used to be we would buy it once and it would last, now we buy cell phones every year. I miss the days of buying it for life and it turns out that there’s an entire culture of people who just buy things for life.
Why do we need such a disposable culture? Can’t we just buy one thing and keep it for life?
I’ve compiled a list of people who’ve bought things for life and think it’s something that’s a bit inspiring.
1) This scrabble board is still good! Why wouldn’t it be? In fact, I think this old 1976 style is cooler than modern version!
2) Okay, this guy REALLY bought it for life, or rather his great-great-great grandfather did!
3) Look at this cool red colors. You can’t even buy this anymore!
4) Okay, you have one of the coolest cars around! Can you get a Tesla engine in there?
5) I love the idea of this bookbag. Goes to show you what good leather does.
Oxford bookbag from 1880 or so. My grandpa got it used when he started high school in 1951. It has since been used and enjoyed by my mom, uncle, aunt and myself and is still durable. from BuyItForLife
6) Oh my goodness! I remember this!
7) I think my grandma used to hit me with this!
8) I think this car is paid off!
9) I think this is one of the coolest watches I’ve ever seen!
10) This is such a classic and timeless look!