The SpaceX launch made history being the first launch on American soil in quite a few years. That said the reactions of daughters watching with their moms was also inspiring. Fortunately it had an added benefit that space exploration always brings. It inspires our children.
We’ve scoured the interwebs to find some daughters inspired by this all and were not left disappointed. Moms and daughters were watching together which will hopefully bring a new generation of girls getting into science.
Below are our favorite reactions to the SpaceX launch from internet users around the world. Were you inspired by the SpaceX launch yourself?
1) This is parenting at it’s best. Mom made a suit!
my 3yo brother is so impressed by @Astro_Doug and @AstroBehnken
thank you @NASA and @SpaceX !!
awesome spacesuit made by my mom ❤️🇺🇦#launchAmerica pic.twitter.com/3I7axUJhAm
— yuliiaz (@yuliiazabudska) May 31, 2020
2) You can see their excitement from their faces!
Watched DM-2 from my driveway with my mom and 17yo son. 🚀❤️ He wiped my tears with his shirt. 😍 #NASAProud #LaunchAmerica @SpaceX @NASAKennedy @Commercial_Crew pic.twitter.com/2SUJc6j45Y
— OHM⚡️MAI (@OhMaiMiller) May 30, 2020
3) Nerdy is awesome! Science is awesome!
Just a nerdy space mom and a nerdy space girl ready for launch! #LaunchAmerica #SpaceX #SpaceLaunchLIVE pic.twitter.com/7LvHZ7v6RY
— Big Lexy 🕸 (@Hey_Lexyy) May 30, 2020
4) Okay, this is inspiring and just shows the effect on kids.
Look at us, mom, we’re astronauts!
90s vibes getting ready for the @SpaceX launch 🚀🤞🏻 #LaunchAmerica pic.twitter.com/P6Wxb8DA1T
— Ceci Saia 🚀 (@cecisaia) May 30, 2020
5) Mom! I love when kids have the “Mom!!!” face.
Me: hey let's take a pic to show your teacher you're watching the launch
Him, probably: "seriously mom? You made me stop watching for THIS?!" #SpaceX pic.twitter.com/zK3dYPjM5t
— Jaclyn 🇨🇦 (@jaclyn613) May 30, 2020
6) She’s inspired at age 3! That’s awesome!
My daughter Lorelei just told me: the rocket left to see planets! She is 3 yo @elonmusk @SpaceX pic.twitter.com/Hh3RGdyc3j
— Radu Sirbu (@RaduGSirbu) May 30, 2020
7) I always wanted to know the story of the dinosaur!
Story Behind the Little Dinosaur
– One of the two #SpaceX astronauts took the dinosaur that his little daughter gave him as a good luck charm. pic.twitter.com/pnWyLl8pOa
— Sadique (@oye_bhidu) May 30, 2020
8) I love seeing her intent face.
Very cool to see the @SpaceX launch today and see how interested my daughter was in it. #Hazel #SpaceX #LaunchAmerica pic.twitter.com/COwRMHChRo
— Nate LaPoint (@N_LaPoint) May 30, 2020
9) OMG! Her face!
My daughter is suited up and seriously captivated with @SpaceX #LaunchAmerica @Spaceboffins https://t.co/aAeR5tDRco pic.twitter.com/Wl64Noeapp
— Andrew Mark Sewell (@sewell7) May 30, 2020
10) I mean she could just record on the screen… but kidding! That’s what makes this adorable!
Daughter busy filming the @NASA live stream on her phone to record the @SpaceX history. pic.twitter.com/EwXCGpMSPG
— Ryan Cullen (@artesea) May 30, 2020