Everybody is trying to get the perfect Grand Canyon shot from the perfect Grand Canyon view. Fortunately, there is not just one place to get that shot. There are simply that many angles. There are some photographers who have gone back dozens of times, and they’re still finding something new. The Grand Canyon changes by season and there is just so much to it that you can get a different angle and a different shot every time.
We’ve chosen ten of our favorites but this is by no means an exhaustive list. There are simply so many angles that we might find ourselves doing another list of top views in winter or top views in summer. The Grand Canyon is one of those places that you can constantly visit and constantly see something new.
North Bass Trail
1) Steve from Fitpacking Fat Loss Backpacking Adventures has these tours which of course help you lose weight. I mean, walking in the Grand Canyon can certainly do that.
Here’s a spot that few people ever visit. It’s on the North Bass Trail.
The Magnanimity of It
2) Ophir Gottlieb took these shots and I love his description: “Pictures can’t capture the magnanimity of it.”
Pictures can't capture the magnanimity of it, but here are some photographs I took at Grand Canyon today.
Grand Canyon, AZ, United States.
— Ophir Gottlieb (@OphirGottlieb) September 28, 2020
Solo Traveler in the Vastness
3) Lind Fritz, a photographer from San Diego, caught this stunning view of a solo traveler standing in the vastness of the canyon. Sometimes it takes photos like this just to understand how completely massive the Grand Canyon is.
Stunning view of the Grand Canyon! pic.twitter.com/5jyHg5BjOv
— Linda Fritz (@LindFritz) July 7, 2021
The Orangeness in Layers
4) Alex Hinson is a photographer on Twitter who took this wonderful shot reflecting all of the oranges in layers. It really makes you appreciate the variety of colors within each sunset.
photos i took at the grand canyon pic.twitter.com/jqSTsaepZe
— alex (@alexxhinson) September 2, 2021
Sunset in the Canyon
5) Multiple sunsets are put into one by BeckSnaps. I love the editing she did here which reflects the variety of her work.
photos i took of a grand canyon sunset pic.twitter.com/jCrcUm0XMH
— b e c k 📷 (@becksnaps) July 15, 2021
6) And head not to Aimos who took this shot while on Shrooms. We are not recommending him to continue shrooms or not. Then again this shot is so awesome I might encourage it.
I was on shrooms when I took this photo btw.
The Grand Canyon on film. pic.twitter.com/UW53SJK95Y
— aimos 🇩🇴⚾️ (@IAMAIMOS) July 11, 2020
During a Cloud Inversion
7) The Grand Canyon National Park Sevice account perfectly showcases the clouds flowing up to the edge of the canyon. This feels like one of those views that are once in a lifetime to say.
This amazing image is from a total cloud inversion that took place in 2013. This relatively rare meteorological event fills Grand Canyon with a sea of clouds – when the air near the ground is cooler than the air above it. Park rangers may wait years to see this. NPS/E. Huggins pic.twitter.com/gxk4zGrrNS
— Grand Canyon NPS (@GrandCanyonNPS) November 17, 2020
Sunrise over the Canyon
8) Abdul is an artist as well as a space cowboy. It’s been a few years since he took this shot but it’s so perfectly well done it almost looks unbelievable.
i took this picture of the sun rising over the grand canyon and turned it into a wallpaper for y’all. pic.twitter.com/lbsb46JdYf
— abdul 🌌📷 (@Advil) May 27, 2018
After a Painful Breakup
9) GenTXer took this shot while getting over a breakup. If there was ever a better way to get over a breakup than seeing the Grand Canyon I’d love to know.
In my mid-20s, I had a painful breakup.
I took 2 weeks off from work & drove to the Grand Canyon.
It saved my life. pic.twitter.com/mmM0DDX1Xx
— GenTXer (@GenTXer) September 27, 2021
Sunset at Lipan Point
10) I feel like this is the Grand Canyon view that everybody wants to get. Sitting solo, looking over the canyon. This view is taken by MaxTour by one of their own tour guides. This particular location is sunset at Lipan Point.
Photo credit: Matthew Meier https://www.maxtour.co/grand-canyon-tours/
Maria Spanadoris an experienced online writer with a passion for general entertainment stories. As a Greek mom, Maria brings her unique perspective to her writing, infusing her work with warmth and humor. She has been writing online for over 20 years, starting her career at thecelebritycafe.com. Since then, Maria has honed her skills as a writer, developing a talent for crafting engaging and informative content that keeps her readers coming back for more. Whether she's covering the latest celebrity gossip or writing about her own experiences as a mom, Maria's writing is always relatable and engaging.